The purpose of this blog:
I started this blog mostly for therapeutic purposes. Having suffered from numerous issues, it was a place to dump my thoughts. However, my goal now is to provide informative information, my experiences, what I did wrong, and what I could have done better.
You have come to the right place if you suffer from mental health and or substance issues. I have been around the block several times and believe I have tangible suggestions for overcoming these issues.
The first and foremost is to keep the faith and never give up. You are worth it.
I have overcome many issues and still live with others, but I have learned to persevere. I have learned not to bury things, I can’t handle, or are ashamed of. I learned I am a human being. A perfectly imperfect human being
I also advocate for a better healthcare system in the USA, and the role of Insurance companies, Big Pharma, and more.
Fifteen trivial facts About Me:
- Call me Bruce (but I’ll answer to Solo too).
- People always ask me “How tall are you” I am 6’2
- I was born in 1958. In The Bronx, NY.
- I grow up in a strictly Italian neighborhood (something like the Soprano’s)
- I had a brother who tried to commit suicide, and now is doing well and helping others
- I played collegiate basketball and coach boys basketball
- Because I am from New York I have had many interesting experiences
- One time I owed to much money to a bookie, and somehow talked my way out of it while sitting in the back seat of the limo, in a deserted field
- I played Viola for 8 years.
- I skipped every Friday of my Sophmore and Junior years of High School.
- I lost a daughter
- I have two college degrees, one in Bus Admin, and one in Computer Network engineering
- I have two siblings
- I have one daughter
- I have a distinct New York accent
I include some of my own life experiences as well hoping in part to help others avoid some of the pitfalls I encountered.
I hope the content I provide is useful, and I welcome your feedback.